Sunday, April 25, 2010

Calgary Police Half Marathon

Distance : 21.1 km (approx) 
Time 1:49:00 (approx)

This is my first half marathon so I guess I set both my best time and my worst time at this distance.  Times are approximate until they post the official results.

Tough race – the first half was fast and seemed to be all downhill.  The second half seemed to be all uphill and into the wind.

The long trek up the 90 avenue hill and the weasel head hill just about did in my hamstring and had to slow to an almost walk to avoid doing damage.

Alexandra at Making Waves has some great graphics showing the route, race profile, and the white stuff that we woke up to this morning.

This is a great race with great volunteers and is very well organized, the course is scenic and a little challenging.  I give it 2 thumbs up. 

Kudos to the Westhills running room group I thought we were well represented.

 

Plod on

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

That's a great finishing time for your first half marathon. Now you have a definite goal to go after come your next half. All the uphill was tough so congratulations for conquering that and carrying on to the finish!