Saturday, June 8, 2013

Slowdown Saturday

Streak to the beach - Day 69

Time : 40:49 Minutes
Distance : 4.1 Miles 
This Week: 21.3 Miles

Total: 226.25 Miles

They say timing is everything, and tonight timing worked in my favour. I put off my run until the early evening and then as I finished it started to rain (as in thunderstorm).

Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 8.24.55 PM

The plan for the run was just a recovery run.  Put in some slow miles and keep the legs loose. I decided to run down to the river on the bike path which follows the old Quarry Road.

June8-1

This was a good choice for running down the hill as the grade is not that severe and the footing is softer and easier on the connective tissue (read knees).

June8-2

The river is showing the effects of two weeks of rain filling the channel from bank to bank and flooding some of the little islands.

The run back up the hill was steeper and on a route I have not run before.

June8-3

Not to mention that there was a remarkable contrast between the gravel quarry road (above) and the major road I paralleled here.

All in all it was a good run and a nice change.

Plod On.

No comments: