Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 37

Time : 26:52 Minutes
Distance : 3.3 Miles 
This Week: 8.55 Miles

Total: 157.42 Miles

My legs are still getting used to my evening bike ride. This morning when I hit the road my stride felt short and tight at both the landing and the kickoff.  After a few hundred meters it seemed to lengthen out ok.  Maybe I need to try a brick this weekend and see how that feels.  It was another beautiful morning, again it cooled off over night making it perfect to run. I am either getting up a little earlier or the sun is getting up later as I caught the end of the sunrise this morning.

The plan for today was to crank out a quick 3 or so miles. I started out on the usual uphill route and then found a cutoff home at the right point.  This route contains one mile that I really don’t like.  It is a really nice downhill stretch but is straight and you can see from one end to the other.

July3

I find it demotivating to run these straight stretches as the end seems so far away. I much prefer windy roads where the visibility is restricted to a few hundred meters. I find it easier to stay motivated and set intermediate targets, it just works for me.

Screen Shot 2013-07-03 at 1.52.15 PM

It was a really good run and I was happy with the splits. I had three splits in under 5:00 min / km which is fast for me. And even the uphill section was not that slow after the warm up.

The evening saw day 5 of “le tour challenge”. I rode 10 km  in 29:32 minutes at 8:30 PM. The route crossed Bow Trail and headed through Strathcona and then back on 26th Ave. It started out with some significant uphills and a major major street crossing.

An active day.

Plod On

No comments: