Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Finally Shorts weather

Distance : 10.5 km
Time : 57:42

Yee Haw - ran in shorts in Calgary for the first time this year. This might even be the first time in shorts this year. Indeed a major milestone in 2009.

I have been feeling a tightness in my Left periformis muscle and have some discoloration and pain under my left big toe toenail. So the run today was supposed to be a nice little thing just to get out and run. Cullen had his fencing again so I ren by the university while he fenced. I ran a similar route to the one last wee with an extra loop thru the univiersity to the Childrens Hospital. This was a nice change as it moved the first few kilometers farther from traffic.

The run was OK had to concentrate on rolling through my stride with both of the issues above causing a little pain. I think I will try taping my toenail in the long run on sunday. I have a nagging feeling that I am running too slow on these runs and should be able to knock a minute off the pace. But am having fun right now and that is what it is about.

Plod On

No comments: