Sunday, March 29, 2009

Second Run of Spring?

Distance: 12.5 Km
Time: 1:33

Another Sunday, Another Long Run, Another foot of Fresh Snow!

Gotta wonder what is going on with global warming this is the snowiest spring I can recall. It made for another very interesting run albeit a slow one. We had two choices - either run in the ruts made by the cars and fight traffic or run through the fresh snow on the unshoveled sidewalks. We chose the ruts. Ran with a gentleman that was representing the big run for theater calgary. Interesting chap - just retired and starting a new career building environmentally friendly Holmes with Mike Holmes. Cool talk on the long slow run.

I did not wear my orthodics as I did not know how far the run was going to be and I had not worn them at all since I had the last adjustment. I did not have a healthy breakfast or hydrate well before hand. Did get a good nights sleep of about 7.5 hours. I am feeling the extra effort that fresh snow takes as I write this tonight.

Plod On

No comments: