Thursday, February 11, 2010

Running in Shorts (Spring?)

Distance : 6.5 mi
Time 57:41

It was 0 degrees C, the snow was melting, the sun was shining. It was a perfect day to cut out of work early and squeeze in a run. It felt like spring outside, maybe the ground hog was wrong. So I squeezed into my shorts and long sleeved T and headed for the River Pathways.

Spring Legs

These are my spring legs, note it it hard to get a picture of yourself on an iPhone.  Ran west along the river towards Canada Olympic park and through the old community of Bowness looped around through the business district and headed back.

IMG_0227

Pictured above is Bow Cycle with the 1988 Winter Olympics Ski Jump Tower in the background (that little spiky thing).  I took this picture as a homage to the start of the 2010 Winter Olympics tomorrow.  The Ski jump tower is on the top of the river escarpment at the west end of town and is visible from most places west of downtown.

The run was OK but it started out rough, I was feeling the hamstring as a result of Tuesdays intervals so backed off from a tempo to a easy run pace.  My back ached , my other hip was sore, arms were tight, abs were feeling the workout on Tuesday and it all was saying DON’T run.  But I did and feel good about the last 5 km which I turned over at around an 8 min mile pace which is just a little slower than my tempo target.

All in All a good run.

Plod On

No comments: