Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pain Management

Distance : 5.2 mi
Time 44: 24

The goal was an easy 8 km (5 miler) on a cool crisp sunny morning –12C (5F). When the sky’s are clear at night here it means a cold frosty morning. Although very pretty with the frost clinging to the trees.  I got into a good rhythm in that nice stride that feels good and you know that you can go forever.  It occurred to me that running for me right now is no longer about time management it is more about pain management. I have to find that stride and that pace that keeps the pain in my hamstring at a level that I can feel (3 / 10) but that I know is not damaging it more.

Running West

I ran along the river upstream from Edworthy park into Bowness then turned around and did the out and back thing. As I was plodding through the residential streets of Bowness I saw this really cool snow fort and had to capture it.

Ice Fort

The back part was mainly running into the sun and was fairly bright all the way back.  Ran over this interesting old bridge that has been converted for pedestrian use. 

IMG_0215

Unfortunately the deck is wood and with the frost on the deck the footing was not great.  All in All a very good run.

Plod On

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

i understand about finding a stride and pace that works! It's no longer about being faster for me but about wanting to be able to run when I am 70!

I need to get back to taking photos along my run! Maybe I will start with this morning's run!

Runner Leana said...

I love that bridge! It is one of my favourite sights in Calgary.