Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunday Scavenger Hunt

Distance : 8.75 mi (approx) 
Time 1:35:00 (approx)

I went to my Speed Play session on Tuesday and was informed that it was cancelled due to reading week at the university.  That was an excellent idea so I took a recovery week and did NOTHING, really no abs, no push ups, no weights, no running.  A complete couch week of Olympic watching. I did head to Bowness for a little bit of skating on Friday.

Having completed the recovery week I headed to Westhills Running room on Saturday and treated myself to new shoes.  I tried on my usual shoe and did not like it so I ended up switching brands.  IMG_4010

Sunday I headed back to the Westhills Running Room for the 3rd anniversary Scavenger hunt. 

Scavcrop We completed the Scavenger hunt in about 4 km, then tacked on a run for another 10 km through Griffith Woods and back to the store.  It was a very pretty run through the woods in the Elbow River valley.

memount IMG_4015

This is me with the mountains in the background on the way up to the top of the ridge, in the distance you (just beyond all the houses) can see the Elbow River Valley where we finished the run.

IMG_4019

IMG_4016

It was a fun run although a little cool to start and a little slow because of the stops.  Perfect for breaking in a brand new pair of shoes.

Plod On.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

A scavenger hunt! What a fun way to get a run done! Hope the new runners work for you!