Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sunset River Run

Distance : 7.0 mi
Time 57:45

The day started early.  I woke up about an hour before I needed to and took advantage of the extra time to fit in a core and upper body strength workout.  This is not usually part of my morning routine.

After work I decided to rush out and get in a good run before dark.  I ended up leaving the parking lot at Edworthy park just as the sun was starting to set.

IMG_0208

I headed towards downtown and ended up crossing the river at the 14th street bridge and turning around. I was hoping to catch the view of the setting sun off the buildings downtown but was a little late.IMG_0211

My intention was to get out and run, probably about 8 or 9 km and work out some of the residual lactic acid from the speed session on Tuesday.  Somewhere in the first km the easy run turned into a slowish tempo run.  I made the stupid mistake of running on the snow covered icy path right by the river instead of on the cleared path. Just after the turn around point I was starting to lag and was passed by black clad brunette with a pony tail and was inspired to keep the pace.  (No I was not being too macho and yes she still left me in the dust).

I am still having trouble finding my stride with the ham string injury.  I am finding that it limits my pace both in speed work and tempo runs. I am trying to up my mileage to see if that helps with the healing.

All in all a good run and a lot of fun.

Plod on.

This is my first post using windows live writer.

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to take advantage of an early morning. I have started doing core work and upper body strength exercises and it has helped. Hope your hamstring feels better. Just keep listening to your body, all will come around again.