Friday, June 28, 2013

Frustrating Friday

Streak to the beach - Day 89

Time : 25:00 Minutes
Distance : 2.7 Miles 
This Week: 18.25 Miles

Total: 295.65 Miles

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 33

Week 5: 18.25 Miles  
Total: 136.4 Miles

Well today was a write off. I drove through the flood are for the first time today and saw the devastation first hand.  It is gonna be a long haul cleaning up. Other than that felt off all day, I was feeling light headed every time I stood up and was generally lethargic.

Which is why I chose to do a slow run on a treadmill and put in a minimal effort to keep the streaks going. Not only that but it finally dawned on me that the MapMyRun.com le tour challenge starts tomorrow. I will try to ride my bike for 20 minutes on every day there is a stage of le tour.  last year I made it until I got a flat tire. So for a few days starting tomorrow I will have three streaks going on at the same time.

Tonight’s run was simple, I set the incline at 0.5%, set the speed at 6.3 mph (9:40 pace) and strode out for 25 minutes. I was playing it by ear and was willing to drop out after 1 mile but felt Ok so continued on to the 25 minute mark.

Junk Miles are still Miles.

Plod On

No comments: