Sunday, February 3, 2008

February 3, 2008

Distance: 10.1 Miles
Time: 1:24:04
YTD: 86.74
Location: Kensington RR - zoo - 16 ave nose creek return

Is it Groundhog day - cause I saw my shadow.

Was supposed to be a group run but I was running late and went straight to the monument, the 10 K group made it but the marathon clinic did not. So I headed out on my own. I tried to keep the running pace at sub 5:00 min / km and the result was my average heart rate was up 10 beats at 165. A little too hard for an old man. The effort felt a little hard but not really an over exertion. I am still not sure how reliable the heart rate stuff is. This is the first time that I have tried to use the GPS to run a target pace, I might try to load up a pace band for solo runs.

I ended up taking the week off after the 10 miles last Sunday, the temp on Tuesday for the run was like - 35 - too cold for a sane man and on wed was close to -25 same story. If I want to run in those frigging cold temps I will use the treadmill in the basement. Besides I can always blame it on the twinge in the knee - definitely do not want to exacerbate that.

Todays run was a mild -17 (-14 on the thermometer at the house) wind chill was -27 so it should have been a chilly run. I was cold starting out but had to remove my neck tube on the way back as was starting to heat up. Water bottle did not freeze up so could not have been be too cold. All in all a fun run - the tired muscles after the run tell me I did ok.

Plod On.

No comments: