Monday, February 25, 2008

February 24, 2008

Distance: 16.3 Miles
Time: 2:21:21
YTD: 155.85 Miles
Location: Kensigton RR - Talisman - Inglewood bird sanctuary - back

It was supposed to snow 5 cm and did not. This made for a good run. I did not run after the hills on Wed because 1) I am basically a lazy person and 2) I had some tendonitus in my left ankle after the run and did not want to push the envelope. So on a Sunday morning at 8:30 am with no coffeein me I was out to run a 26 km LSD.

Conditions were perfect, there was a slight dampness and resulting chill in the air at the start of the run. The temperature was -3, but once the sun was up the temperature started to rise and the chill was gone and the conditions were good. Had to almost remove on layer on the way back. Did a rocking last K or so and finished off with a good overall time.

My legs were pretty much done at the end but managed to get me thru shopping and lunch and kids for the afternoon. Going to be really dead after another 8 or so miles in the marathon.

Plod On

No comments: