Monday, November 28, 2011

Not what I planned

Sunday did not go off as planned, not even close.  My plan was to head out to my local running room and do a run walk thing outside with all my running buddies.  Well actually have coffee with them because none of them do the run/walk thing.

I woke up in time, but my foot was a little sore from the Saturday intervals, and the wind was howling so I thought it best to take the day off. No treadmill, no running, just a sitting on the sofa watching football kind of day off.  That did not go as planned either. The winds grew in intensity, there were power outages and the downtown core was shut down.  Debris was flying through the air over all not a nice day.

Within blocks of my house street lights (those long skinny poles) were blown over, and several large spruce trees were downed.

Nov28-1

Then to top it all off it got cold and snowy.  This is one of the poles that was literally blown off it’s base.  You can see the damage to the light where it made contact with the road.

Nov28-2

A large tree uprooted and a basketball hoop reoriented.

Nov28-3  I don’t know how this tree missed this house.  The wind was blowing in the direction of the house, someone is very lucky.  I can see where the tree was from my place.

So anyway I took the day off and let things in my foot settle out. Then this morning I woke at 5:30, reluctantly got dressed and headed for the treadmill.  My plan was to maybe try a longer interval at a slower pace and see how things worked out.  I warmed up for 2 minutes then did 8 minutes at 10 min miles then 10 minutes at 9 minute miles, then cooled down.

Yee Haw an actual sort of full length very slow run.  First one since September and it felt great.  I could feel a little tenderness when I started but so far no post run pain. The real test will be when I wake up tomorrow.

Great day a real run 22 minutes, 2.2 miles! Woo Hoo.

Plod On

1 comment:

Out for More said...

The good news is - I didn't go either! Would have missed having coffee with you. Next week I hope!