Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A normal workout …

I forgot how it felt to have a normal workout. A workout where it did not hurt much, where there is not a goal, where you are not counting strides. A workout where you are not constantly checking your Garmin for pace. In essence a workout where you just are.  This mornings workout was that kind. I need to do more of them.

There was a little pulling on the top of my foot but other than that it was clean.  I did a slow warm-up and then set the treadmill to 4.5 mph and rocked out to tunes (not my running playlist) for the next 26 minutes then did a little cool down.  The only interruption to this state was when sportscenter showed Crosby’s return to the game and I removed one head phone to listen in. 

In total did 30 minutes and 2.2 miles and feel pretty good about it.

Plod On.

No comments: