Friday, November 18, 2011

I finally have a plan back

I saw my chiropractor today and we agreed on a plan for the next few weeks. Just to be clear Dr. Nardella is really more of a sports medicine guy than a crack your back kind of guy. First of all no more x-rays for a while, good news as I have been spending a lot of time with the radiology guys.

foot2

The x-rays told me a bunch of cool stuff, like I have bone spurs on both heels, my hammer toe is rather pronounced and my left leg is .65 cm shorter than my right leg.

foot1

What they did not tell me is what is causing the pain in my foot. The theory is still ligament damage or stress fracture. The leaning is more to ligament damage now based on my treadmill experience.

The bad news is it is gonna be a slow go for the next few weeks while easing my foot back into the stresses of running.

The plan is that next week we (I) will continue the brisk walks on the treadmill and will eliminate the day off. So 25 minutes everyday next week, and increase stretching effort (should not be hard to increase as I don't do any).

If everything goes well week 2 will see the introduction of some run walks into the routine. 5 minutes at a SLOW jog (like that will fly) followed by 1 minute of walking.

If the foot can handle it then in week 3 I will increase the pace and time of the run intervals.

Then we will reevaluate and come up with a new plan just in time for Christmas.

Plod On.

No comments: