Saturday, November 19, 2011

Because it was like this …

outside this morning.  Look at those outdoor temps a little cooler than I would like for this time of year.  Good thing I am a Canadian cause if we had this for Thanksgiving I would be distraught.

Nov19 Outside

Anyway I was saying because it was like that this morning I was like downstairs on this.

MuMuMyTreadmill

Actually I have been advised to do my workout on this gizmo for the next little while as it is a lower impact activity. So regardless that is was freezing effin cold outside this still would have been my morning workout view.

So details, I guess first of all I did not realize how much I missed the good feeling after a run (very fast walk in my case).  I hate to say it but Swimming and Biking just don’t give me that feeling.

I upped the ante for today, kind of a double whammy, 1) I am starting to do a daily 25 or so on the mill, and 2) I kind of cheated and upped the pace so for a couple of short intervals I did a very slow jog like action.

Everything felt really good, had a pain in my right shin (go figure?) and a little tenderness in my left foot (expected).  Post work out I am feeling the tender spot on my foot when I flex it a certain way so it is back to wearing shoes all day for this cowboy. Overall I’d give this work out a 7.  2,5 miles, 30 minutes.

Plod On.

1 comment:

Mike McGowan said...

Great job Chris. Just keep plodding along.