Thursday, November 24, 2011

Recovery Day from a walk?

I know that it is a hard concept to grasp, why on earth would someone need a recovery day from a WALK on the treadmill.  I have taken recovery days after a speed workout where my legs felt like jello, or after a hard hill workout.  But after a walk with a five minute slow jog, uh uh. This morning I could feel some tenderness in the area around my foot injury and decided that it was best to play it safe.  I limited the pace to 4.5 mph and just tried walking it out.

The foot is a little tender post walk but no more than usual and I do not think any damage was done.  The plan calls for gradually increasing the stress on the foot gradually so some tenderness is expected. I am just being careful not to exacerbate the injury. 

All in all I ended up doing almost 2.2 miles in the 30 minutes so it was no walk in the park (pun intended).

Plod On

No comments: