Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A convenient run

Sometimes runs have to be less than you want them to be.  It’s not like junk miles where you are just running miles for the sake of a checkmark in the log book or to appease yourself that you are really training. Convenience miles are miles that you have to squeeze into a busy schedule, where you try to make the most of the time available.  Sometimes this means running faster intervals to get the most out of a little window in time’

This morning was a run of convenience. I had an early meeting scheduled and a very limited window to squeeze a run in. I found myself on the treadmill @ 5:40 for a 20 minute window.  If I ran hard for 20 minutes I had just enough time to cool down, shower and do the domestic chores that are a daily requirement.

The run was;

  • 2 min warm up @ 10:00 min pace
  • 9 min @ 9 min pace
  • 8 min @ 8 min pace
  • 1 min cool down @ 9 min pace

20 minutes 2.35 miles and I felt great (after the first mile)

Plod on

No comments: