Friday, December 2, 2011

Finding Balance

There have been some hard lessons in finding the right balance in the past week.  I have been pushing the envelope, trying to work my foot without reinjuring it.  Trying to get as close as I can to the edge of the cliff without falling off.  There have been a couple of runs where I upped the pace a little to far and paid the price the next day. Tuesday was one of those days.

I am learning that duration is not as big as influence as pace.  I can run at 10 minute miles for a long time and not have any really noticeable impacts.  However, if I try to run a few minutes at 7:30 minute miles the next day I can barely manage 12:50 minute miles (walk).

Today I did an medium work out. I felt like I could push it farther but decided that more balance was prudent.  I did an easy five minute warm up followed by 5 minutes at each of 9:00 min miles, 8:30 minute miles, 8 minute miles, then reversed doing 2.5 minutes at 8:30 & 9:00 to cool down.  All told 20 minutes of running.

Today’s stats, 25 minutes, 2.55 miles.

Plod On

No comments: