Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tweaks and Twitches

Funny how when working my way back from an injury that a series of compensative issues crop up.  The latest is a pain in the area of the pes anserine bursa below and inside of the knee at the top of the shin.  It seems that when I apply some stress to the injury there has been a change in my stride that stresses other areas.  This is something that will require concentration to ensure that the solution to the problem is less painful than the problem itself.

I had a decent run on the treadmill this morning. My plan was to do an easy recovery run (because of the bursa pain), but I ended up doing a little more than I thought.

  • 3 min @ 4 mph
  • 3 min @ 5 mph
  • 3 min @ 5.5 mph
  • 3 min @ 6 mph
  • 3 min @ 6.5 mph
  • 8:40 @ 7 mph

then a regression cool down to finish at 30 minutes with 2.85 miles under my belt.  A nice run but it may have been a little too much.

Plod On

No comments: