Thursday, December 8, 2011

That looks like a

good place to run.  I was flipping through a magazine the other day and I saw a picture of a country road in Ireland and my first thought was, Wow I would like to run there.  Not how pretty and green it was or how it would be nice to be there and soak it in, but how much I would like to run there.

Dec8-1

I began to think about it and I do this fairly often. when watching movies, or watching TV or reading I come across a vista and think “that would be a cool place to run.  I stole some pictures from other peoples websites to illustrate some of the runs I would like to do.

dec8-2

And I can almost feel my legs on this one.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I guess what defines us is how we view the world.  Maybe my view of the world as a series of great runs is a little simplistic.  But, I am happy with it and enjoy looking at the pictures and imagining striding through them. I should start a list of those places and run them, sort of a bucket list of runs.

Today’s run was almost a repeat of yesterday. I ran each interval a little faster, so by pace as opposed to speed;

  • 1 min @ 12:00 min miles
  • 1 min @ 10:00 min miles
  • 10 min @ 9:00 min miles
  • 10 min @ 8:00 min miles
  • 1 min @ 9:30 min miles
  • 1 min @ 7:30 min miles
  • 1 min @ 9:30 min miles

Notice I added in one fast interval in the cool down just for punctuation – we will see if I end up paying for that.

The good news is NO PAIN, not even in the warm up, I felt a tinge now and then but no pain.  This is the first time since I injured my foot on Sept 4 that I have run what I consider pain free.  Awesome run 25 minutes 2.85 miles.

Plod On.

No comments: