Thursday, December 1, 2011

Snow Day then a slow day

Yesterday I woke to a picture perfect sunrise bursting forth across a few inches of fresh snow.  Oh Joy, Oh Bliss. As beautiful as it looked it is a harsh reminder that winter is here and Christmas (OMG) is just around the corner.

Nov30-1

It continued to snow throughout the morning finally stopping at noonish. Driving was hell, walking was hell, all in all a lazy day for me.

Nov30-2

I was feeling a little more “tenderness” in my foot than I would like do I took a day off.  In light of my lazy snow day, I pumped myself up for a hard workout and I headed for the treadmill at 5:30 AM. I started with a quick warm up, then kicked the speed up.  After a few strides I realized this was not a good plan and adjusted.  I ended up doing a fairly quick walk for 20 minutes and covered about 1.5 miles.  Not the best workout but, it was the  best plan of action given the circumstances.

Plod On.

No comments: