Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 20, 2008

Distance: 9.0 Miles
Time: 1:22:49
YTD: 51.72 Miles
Location: Kensington Running Room - Talisman return

Big Sur International Marathon (www.bsim.org) is in less than 100 days (98 Days)!!!

First LSD with the 3:30 race team for the marathon. -20 C (-5 F) and almost a foot of fresh snow on the ground. A perfect day to run. And to think I managed to fabricate an excuse to not run on Friday - CAB working late, had to watch the kids ..... I did n ot come up with a reason to miss the group run. I guess that is why I paid the money for the clinic - the runs are on the schedule and it motivates me to run them.

Anyway did a very fresh run in the cold weather with a slight wind. The pace was Ok did a walk run thing and the running pace was in between 8:30 - 9:00. It was so F'n cold the top of my water bottle froze shut and there was a funky layer of ice around the inside of the bottle after the run. I carried my camera for the first time, did not take any pictures but wanted to get used to having on my belt before Big Sur in 98 days - want to take pictures there. Still having problems figuring out the hand thing - almost freeze my fingers at the start and have problems getting a consistent temp. Rest of the layers seem to work well.

Plod On

No comments: