Monday, July 8, 2013

Massive Monday

This morning I woke up to heavy sustained rain. At times it was as heavy as the flood rains we got on Friday night.  In the afternoon it cleared off and we saw a little sun but it was still unseasonably cool.  I finally decided to run before making supper. 

I ran over to the lookout to see the progress the river was making, the media is reporting that the flows are still higher than flood levels. This is the river today.

July8-1

Pictures of the more normal spring levels and the peak flood level can be found HERE!

From the lookout I ran down to the river pathway on the trails. Funnily the pavement running was actually easier than the muddy slick soft trails.

July8-2

I then ran back up the hill. Running the hill is a massive effort and I did a good job tonight, I was passed by cyclists but I almost kept pace with them.  Except one frigging mountain man that passed me on the way up and disappeared then passed me on the way back down ( I was still going up) as he went for another try (masochist).

From the top of the hill it was an easy run home. I ended up running about 3.5 miles in 33:38 minutes. 

Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 7.22.23 PM

It was a rest day on the tour today. I debated on taking a rest day as well but decided to ride anyway and maybe save this ride in case I miss one in the next 2 weeks. I rode 18.9 km in 54:11 minutes. This was the longest ride so far and I was definitely feeling it especially given only a few hours rest from that tough hill run.

This was not a recovery day!

Plod On

No comments: