Sunday, July 21, 2013

Stopping Sunday

This is the last day of all the challenges.  First there was the Streak to the Beach from April 1 – July 1, then the Runner’s World Summer Streak from Memorial Day to Independence Day, and finally the “Le Tour Challenge” From June 30 to July 21. I guess it is time to pause and reconsider the next challenge, maybe pick a race and start training for it. Any Suggestions?

Today was another perfect summers day. The temperatures were in the mid 20’s, sunny with a slight breeze.  Does it get any better.  I did start to cloud over at supper time, but that is OK. It waited until after our late afternoon stroll down the newly uncovered gravel bars beachcombing for lost treasure, and our trip to Peter’s Drive in for a very fattening dinner.

This is a view from the yacht club looking back towards the bluff that I took the pictures from on Wednesday.

July21-1

And just a picture of the boats on the hard.

July21-2

The route I chose for today’s long ride shared a lot of the route from Wednesday’s ride but when I hit the reservoir I turned right instead of left and rode the south side of the lake. At the end of the ride I instead of taking a direct route home I extended and headed towards downtown on the river pathways

Screen Shot 2013-07-21 at 1.04.11 PM.

It was quite the ride navigating around (sometimes through)  the closed pathways that were either totally or partially washed out from the flood.  There was a lot of devastation.

It was the longest ride I have done this year and it ended on a very steep uphill climb on fairly tired legs. Not the best planning on my part. (My legs are feeling it tonight.)

My Stage 21 ride was 38.5 km in 1:49:11 to end my “Le Tour Challenge”.

I have been doing a daily challenge since April. I’m done. Now what?

Plod On.

No comments: