Sunday, July 7, 2013

Stoic Sunday

Saturday was another rest day from running. It is amazing how easy it is to fall out of the habit once the goal is achieved. There was a stage of the tour so there was day 8 of “le tour challenge”. I rode 15.25 km in 47:32 minutes. It was an interesting ride and on a quiet route that was thick with traffic due to an unexpected road closure.

This morning I got up a little early and headed out the door for my run.  I ran part of the route that I biked on Saturday then did some creative zig zagging to get home.

 Screen Shot 2013-07-07 at 10.13.42 PM

There is a significant uphill (50 m) and a major intersection to cross, I spent 3 minutes waiting for lights.  I took it easy and tried to pace myself for the entire run. I ended up running 6.7 miles in 1:00:23 including stoppages for lights so not a bad slow run on a new route.

I missed watching Stage 9 of le tour this morning, but that did not stop me from an easy ride for day 9 of  “le tour challenge”. I rode 7.75 km in 25:12 minutes. This was an easy ride at well off my normal pace. My legs are feeling the cumulative impacts due to going from not riding at all to riding every day. I also cajoled my son into a ride and he does not ride as fast as me.

An easy couple of days with a mix of workouts.

Plod On

No comments: