Saturday, July 27, 2013

On Vacation

Sunday marked the end of the tour de France, and the end of my current set of challenges. I had been physically active on a daily basis (either running or cycling) since April 1 so I decided it was time to take a

vacation

from running and let give my legs a chance to recover a bit.

It is not that I have been completely inactive, I have been walking and hiking and exercising in a less intensive way. I should have been thinking yoga and taking advantage of the break to address my lack of flexibility while trying to come up with the next gig.

I have been thinking of what to do next and I think it is gonna have to involve some swimming along with running and cycling to add a little balance to the mix.  I have not come up with the details but I do know that my vacation ends tomorrow.

Meanwhile I found this cool dude on Twitter that is attempting to run 5000 miles in 275 days unsupported across Canada. (Click Here).  Jamie McDonald is posting video and stories on his website http://www.jamiemcdonald.org  .  It is worth a read.

I’ll be back posting on a regular basis (maybe not daily) next week. Until then.

Plod On.

No comments: