Friday, July 12, 2013

Flat Friday

Yesterday (Thursday) was Stage 12 of the tour. I had a chiro appointment in the morning and decided to ride over to it. The only problem is that the Doctor’s office was across the river valley.  It meant I had to ride down a very big hill and then up the other side.  Then repeat on the way home.  My legs were dead at the end of the ride. My contribution to “le tour challenge” today was 2 rides, 15 km, 52:36 minutes. As a bonus I earned the 100 mile badge in the mapmyride.com letour challenge.

This afternoon (Friday) I went out to ride my bike to my son’s School of rock performance and it had a flat tire.  This just pisses me off every 100 miles or so my back tire goes flat. I’ve changed the tube, had the tire & rim inspected by the techs at Bow Cycle. Yet every 100 ore so miles I go out to ride and the tire is dead flat and there is a puncture.  I think I am going to replace the tire and tube and hope that that works. 

Meanwhile for Stage 13 of the “le tour Challenge” I borrowed my wife’s bike. The issue is that it is significantly smaller than mine. I kind of felt like one of those circus clowns riding a miniature bike. However it is a nice ride. I rode 7.77 km in 23:16 minutes and kept the streak alive.

And to top it off tonight I had to beat the rain when I went for my ride. It clouded over and was raining all around still I managed to dodge the clouds and finish the ride dry.

July 12

A interesting day.

Plod On.

No comments: