Friday, July 19, 2013

Fearless Friday

Today was busy, not work busy, family busy.  It started by running my son to sailing camp, then drove an hour to the mountains to pick my daughter up from her week long camp, drove an hour back, then ran her to the dermatologist and picked my son up from his camp.  Just like that the day is done. Then I had a nap.

Anyway it was nearing sunset and I decide it was now or never and time to ride.  The nice thing about an evening ride is that it is cooler and pretty.  The clouds over downtown were spectacular.

July19-2

And there were distant and pleasing views to the West.

july19-1

My plan was an easy ride to put in the time and keep the streak alive.  It did not quite turn out that way. I started out slow (because it was all uphill) and then picked up the pace as I started the downhill portion of the ride, and ended up with a pretty hot finish.

Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 9.52.11 PM

Only 2 more rides left in the 2013 tour challenge.  My Stage 19 ride was 17.3 km in 48:28.

Plod On.

No comments: