Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Two Wheel Tuesday

It was still a little chilly today (19 C, 65F) but a beautiful sunny day. A perfect day for a run or in my case a ride.

I started my ride as twilight was approaching and it was starting to cool off. I stopped about halfway through the ride to take some pictures. The light was golden and the shadows were long making for some stark pictures.

July 30-1

This is looking towards downtown over the Mount Royal University sports fields.

July 30-2

This is Glenmore trail looking east.

For my ride I started riding west with a plan and then switched to another plan and then switched to yet another plan.  Eventually I ended up riding almost straight south and back on a relatively flat route.

Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 8.28.43 PM

I don’t know if I am weak as a rider but I do not seem to get the same aerobic workout riding as I do running. When I run I feel it in my throat, lungs and legs at the same intensity, when I ride I feel it in my legs and do not seem to be able to stress my lungs as much. maybe this will change as I ride more.

It was a good ride 15 km in 40:30 on a great night.

Plod On.

No comments: