Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Warm Wednesday

Warm does not describe it, the 29 C and humid day was wilting. I went outside at lunch to sit in the sun and ended up sweating so much that I needed another shower.

Suppertime rolled around and I changed from my flip flops into my bike shoes and instantly regretted it.  The blisters I got from the boot fiasco yesterday came into contact with shoes for the first time today and immediately let me know they were still there.  I guess more Preparation H tonight. I guess that means no running again, I’m glad this did not happen in the running streak.

Given the heat I decided to ease off on the ride tonight. I even carried water for part of the ride, then it fell out of the carrier.  The problem is that the carrier I have came with one of the old soft BPA leeching bottles and the house got purged of those evil things, so nothing fits in the holder. Somewhere on my ride tonight is a half filled water bottle.

July10

This is what I have been riding, it is not a fancy road bike, it is not a mountain bike. It is somewhere in between, what this means is that it does not do anything really well. It is slower than the road bike and does not do trails well either.  But it carries my 6’3 200 lb body over the miles that I ride. Kind of like a Belgian Work horse, just keeps plodding along.

Today was Stage 11 of the tour,  individual time trial day. The winner averaged 54.3 km/hr. I don’t think I could go that fast even if it was downhill with a tail wind. Today I rode 16.3 km in 49:38 minutes and averaged 19.6 kph.  This is not even half of Tony Martins average speed.  I blame the equipment and the traffic lights.

A Sweltering Sweaty Soiree.

Plod On.

No comments: