Sunday, March 13, 2011

Project 365–Day 71

Saturday March 12.

Today was a difficult day. The dog woke me up at 2:30 AM then I did not really get back to sleep before the alarm went off at 3:30 AM.  I showered and dressed and headed to the airport to arrive at 4:30 to catch a 6:30 flight.  Of course we buzzed thru US customs and security (even though my boarding pass was tagged with the SSSS label Super Selective Special Screening). So we sat in the lounge for about 1.5 hours before the flight left for Seattle.. Then after arriving  we had breakfast and sat for about four more hours before the flight to Anchorage.

I arrived at the hotel in Anchorage about 15 hours after waking, very tired and decided if I was going to keep the streak alive I had to do run before I fell asleep so I headed to the hotel fitness room and lined myself up on a treadmill for a 3.6 mile run in under 29 minutes. 

It felt really good when I was done. I felt rejuvenated and actually made it through a beer or two and supper before crashing for the night.

My first run in Alaska, albeit on a treadmill in a hotel fitness center.

Plod On

No comments: