Sunday, March 13, 2011

Project 365–Day 72

I woke up in Alaska for the first time today. I really crashed right after dinner last night and slept right thru until 7:30 this morning. I thought about running outside but really it is too cold out there and funny thing about this place. it is icy, dangerously icy.  The sidewalks are covered and the roads are busy. So for the time being I am sticking with the safe easy route and running on a treadmill. I may try to get out sometime this week and do a run outside, this town is nice and flat and a coastal run would be cool.

I headed down to the treadmill with my ear buds in hand. I discovered yesterday that if you want to hear the TV on the treadmill you have to have headphones.  I decided to run for about an hour and targeted 10 kms. The tough part of the run was that there were no water glasses in the fitness center.  On a long run in the hot dry room I craved hydration (not that the couple of beers I had last night helped with hydration issues).

I ran for 53 minutes and covered the 6.2 miles.  A little slack for a Sunday long run but I can live with that.

Plod On.

No comments: