Saturday, March 5, 2011

Project 365 – Day 64

It was a dark and stormy day …..

Well that is how it felt today, I was up very early and could not get back to sleep and then dragged all morning before finally convincing myself it was a good day to run.  I looked at the thermometer and it was –15 C (too cold) then fired up my garmin and the battery was done.  Everything was pointing to a no run day.

March5Map

But, I dressed, leashed the dog and headed out into the cold for a hard run up and down the escarpment on a snowy icy trail. This is a picture of downtown from the trail and yes it was colder than it looks.

Mar5-1

The trail is rough and snow covered and my running partner found the terrain easier on her four feet than I did on my two feet.

Mar5-2

Another freaking hill you have to be kidding me.

IMG_5107

We came to this nice surprise on a switchback. This is the spot that my partner found out that on ice you can go from up here to way down there very fast, even with claws out.

Mar5-4

At least the stairs and bridge were in good shape.

Mar5-5

All in all it was a fun run a little slower than I would like (5 miles. 50 min), a lot of ups and downs and then these icy patches really slowed us down.

Plod On

No comments: