Monday, April 25, 2011

Project 365 – Day 112

Saturday April 23, 2011.

Run 109.

Two outside running days in a row, wow it really must be spring. I waited for the sun to heat our little portion of the world and then headed out for nice run down to the River and back.  The route is very pretty however in the trees it is still snowy and the footing was downright non existent.

April23Map

I headed out along the path at the top of the escarpment on the first trail leg of the run. As you can see there is still packed snow and ice on the path thru the trees.

april23-1

The view of the city is unbelievable especially in the dark. The trail that I had to run is visible running right to left diagonally in the bottom part of the next picture.

april23-2

This is just a pretty shot of the ice breaking up on the River, nothing says spring like open water. You can see the path running on the opposite side of the river, this is where I was 15 minutes later.

April23-3

Finally one of my favourite shots of the day.

april23-4

The pathway runs up the River on the top of the bank at the right.  I crossed the bridge (top of picture) and then ran up the escarpment to this view point.  It was a real challenging run to get here, I had to cross and iced over stream (ice not thick enough = wet feet) then had to haul myself up the path using guardrails as the trail was so ice there was no traction.  There were a couple of dicey moments though.

All in all a very memorable run and a reasonable time. About 5.5 Miles in 54:09 including stops and falls and all.

Plod On.

No comments: