Thursday, April 28, 2011

Project 365 – Day 117

Thursday April 28, 2011

Run 114.

Today was my last chance to get a high quality outside run in until a week from Sunday.  Single parenting begins today, and society seems to frown upon abandoning your kids to get a goof run in.  Next year I will be able to leave the oldest in charge but alas for the next week it is find a sitter (tough at 5:30 AM) or hit the treadmill (more likely).

I was in bed early (before 10:00 PM) and woke at 4:30 (not so nice), when 5:00 rolled around and I was not getting more sleep I donned the running kit and hit the road.  The plan was to do a nice easy 3 mile run to give some recovery time from yesterdays hard run. I ended up running the same route I ran yesterday but in the reverse direction. It still meant starting out running up hill into a head wind.

April27Map

I was thinking that when I would be running east at the end of the run and if I tied it right I just might be running into a glorious sunrise.  That did not happen.

Anyway the run was about 3.85 Miles and I finished in 32:30 which is about 2 min slower than yesterday. It was slow enough that I did not feel tired or wheezy at any point in the run all in all a good effort.

Plod On.

No comments: