Monday, April 4, 2011

Project 365 – Day 92

Sunday April 3, 2011.

It is the morning after the spring storm that dumped about 12” of snow on out beautiful city. I got up and headed to the Westhills Running Room for a Sunday group run.  This is my first outside run since I left for Alaska and I was really excited about it. I needed to run about 12 K to hit 310 miles in 2011 so that was the goal.

I got to the store and the half marathon group was going to run 16 so why not a little farther than I wanted but at a slower pace than I usually run with walk breaks so it should be OK.

We ran down to the Reservoir and then paralleled it for a while then back on 66 ave to 37 street to Richmond road.

The path was ploughed around the reservoir but this left a skim of ice on the path that made for interesting footing.

April 4-1

The views were great. It is always a very pretty run, but when buried under a foot of the fresh white stuff it is even more breathtaking.

April4-2

As we hit the turn around point the sun had come out and the snow was starting to melt and the streets were starting to get sloppy.

April4-3

I ended up running ahead of the group for the last few miles and woke up this morning with sore legs from (calves and hips) from all the uneven footing I guess a good thing.

A very fun run with great people

Plod On.

No comments: