Saturday, May 11, 2013

Friday’s Folly

Streak to the beach - Day 40

Time : 20:00  Minutes
Distance : 2.3 Miles 
This Week: 17.9 Miles

Total: 147.0 Miles

Another tough day at work, facilitating an all day meeting with engineers and planners.  This is a situation where everyone has a right answer to every question and everybody's answer is different.  Oh how hard the quest for truth is sometimes.

Anyhoo after the meeting we did a little debrief.  Two pints of Keith’s made the day seem so much better, then I had a beer or two once I got home (this did not make for a stellar weight loss day).  Then I had some running around to do picking up kids etc. Finally, after everyone was in bed I decided I had to run the minimum so it was treadmill time.

I started off the run warming up for 5 minutes at a 9:30 pace for five minutes, then ran a 9:00 pace for 5 minutes, then 8:30 pace for 5 minutes, then finished at an 8:00 min/mile pace for the last 5 minutes. Then I sat around sweating and drinking a beer for the next 10 minutes (maybe longer).

Now to greet the weekend, but will most likely be working.

Plod On.

No comments: