Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tardy Tuesday

Streak to the beach - Day 37

Time : 36:00  Minutes
Distance : 4.0 Miles 
This Week: 7.3 Miles

Total: 136.4 Miles

It seemed like everything was late today, including my run after tucking the little ones into bed.  Well one of the little ones anyway, the littlest one. Now if only the tardiness can hold over to the wake up tomorrow!

Yesterday I pulled these out of the drawer to run in.

byeshorts

After a mile or so I found out why it had been so long since I had worn them.  The shorts kept riding up and my inner thighs started to chafe, and I was constantly readjusting them. It is time to do one of the things I find hardest to do, say good bye to running gear.  I don’t know if it is superstition or the fear of new stuff not working right, or maybe each piece holds memories of the runs we did together.  These shorts were the first ones I bought when I decided to run more seriously after the kids were born.  But Alas tonight I said good bye and got rid of them.

The run tonight was very simple. I set the incline at o.5%  I set the pace at 9:00 minute miles and just hunkered down and Forest Gumped it for 4 miles, 36 minutes of no thinking no effort running.

Funny I was still sweating when I finished.

Plod On.

No comments: