Sunday, May 12, 2013

Slow Sunday

Streak to the beach - Day 42

Time : 1:15:30  Minutes
Distance : 7.75 Miles 
This Week: 29.15 Miles

Total: 158.25 Miles

Well at least the running part is slow.  I am just gearing up for an afternoon of work and then a 7:30 flight to Edmonton.  I should be driving it would be less intense.

I went to the Running Room for my group run and there was no one to run with. So I picked a route that I liked and headed out alone.  Today’s route is a lot like last Sunday's but a little longer and more in the woods.

Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 11.19.28 AM

I love this route, you have to run about 3 Km on city streets to get to the paths but once there it is a runners paradise.  The trail is flat and winds through the trees. To top it off the conditions were perfect today, 15 C and overcast a nice cool run.

May 12-1

There are some nice views of the creek that winds it’s way through the wetlands.

May 12-2

And the path is well used and soft under the feet.

May 12-3

I stepped off the path to get this shot of the beavers work. Pretty industrious little guys.

When you allow for the time I stopped to take pictures it was a decent run with a decent time.

Plod On.

No comments: