Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tepid Thursday

Streak to the beach - Day 32

Time : 30:00 Minutes
Distance : 3.45 Miles 
This Week: 14.57 Miles

Total: 115.45

Wow, what a day! It was +18 & sunny.  I spent lunch hour lying outside soaking up the first rays of the year.  Then spent an hour outside after school watching my son play soccer on a pitch with a screaming chilly wind.  This is a land of contrasts.

After all of that I still had to run and running in a strong chilly wind was not that appealing. I headed downstairs and jumped on the treadmill.  I started out at a very easy 6.4 mph to warm up, then spent the next 15 minutes running at a 9 min mile pace. After 20 minutes the pace jumped to just under 8:30 pace and finally a few minutes at a 7:30 pace.  All in all it felt really good.

Sunshine, wind and a nice run, a good day.

Plod on.

No comments: