Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tentative Thursday

Streak to the beach - Day 46

Time : 22:00  Minutes
Distance : 2.5 Miles 
This Week: 6.0 Miles

Total: 164.25 Miles

I ran on Monday in the hotel fitness center. Towards the end of the run I felt a little twinge in my right hip SI joint. After the run it tightened up and was a little painful when I moved. By the time I woke up on Tuesday I was definitely favouring it. I decided to take the day off and see how I felt on Wednesday. Wednesday came and I felt another day of was the smart thing to do.

I woke up this morning and headed for the treadmill with the intention of doing a recovery run at an easy pace and bailing at the first sign of discomfort.  I set the treadmill for 10 minute miles for a warm up, then pushed the pace to 9:00 minute miles and kept increasing the pace every few minutes.  In the end it turned out to be a very good run at a very good pace and without pain. I stopped after 22 minutes with the thought that I would rest my hip for a while and then pick it up and finish the run later. I didn’t.

A good run, a good start.

Plod On.

No comments: