Monday, May 6, 2013

Motivation Monday (NOT)

Streak to the beach - Day 36

Time : 30:00  Minutes
Distance : 3.3 Miles 
This Week: 3.3 Miles

Total: 132.4 Miles

I was not motivated to get out of bed this morning, I was not motivated to work and I definitely was not motivated to run. It started when I woke up with my muscles feeling generally fatigued from running the equivalent of a half marathon on Saturday and Sunday. I spent the rest of the day moving slowly.

Well if it is not too cold it is too hot. The temperatures hit 27 C  (85 F) here today at peak running time. Too hot to run, for this thick blooded Canadian anyway. Even in the evening it had barely cooled down.

May 6

The alternative to running outside in the heat was to head down to the cool basement and do my run in a controlled environment on the treadmill. I opted for the controlled environment and rationalized it as being able to control the pace better to manage a recovery run.

The run itself was simple, I started out slow and then stayed in the 9 – 10 minute mile pace band for most of the run then towards the end slipped to an 8:40 pace then for the last 2 minutes hit 7:30.

A good start to the week.

Plod On.

No comments: