Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tight Thursday

Streak to the beach - Day 60

Time : 20:00 Minutes
Distance : 2.1 Miles 
This Week: 18.3 Miles

Total: 189.55 Miles

Wow what a weird day, I woke up at 3:30 AM with aching legs and tight SI joints. I headed down to my hovel and started slaving over the computer , then downtown for a 10:00 presentation. As I was walking to my meeting I felt a pulling feeling on my right heel. It made me wonder if that pesky bone spur was cropping up again.

By the time the end of the day came around I was pretty bagged and I did not have the motivation to head out for a run. That is where day 4 of the Summer streak came in, all I had to do to meet the requirement was jog one mile.  Even when you have no energy you can jog one mile, right?

With that in mind I headed to the treadmill to put in my minimum commitment, I set the incline for 0.5%, set the pace for 10 min miles and turned on the fan. I struggled through the first mile, then bumped the pace to a 9:00 min mile then laboured counting the seconds to the 20 minute mark. As soon as the clock hit 20 I shut her down and called it a night.

Junk miles are still miles right.

Plod On.

No comments: