Saturday, May 4, 2013

May the fourth be with you

Streak to the beach - Day 34

Time : 1:02:29  Minutes
Distance : 6.4 Miles 
This Week: 20.97 Miles

Total: 121.85

Opportunity knocks!  I have been driving this hill for years and always thought it would be a cool run. It is an access road for the bobsled run at Canada Olympic park that over time has evolved into a traffic short cut for people on the hill to get to the highway. It is a very steep incline for a little over a km with switch backs and a constant grade. Anyway my son’s school Jazz band was performing at a function at COP tonight, I had an hour and a half to kill. So ….

COP Route may 4

After cresting the hill I ran along the top of the ski hill to the school and then did a loop and started back. Halfway down the hill the view was incredible from halfway down.

May4-1

I had the opportunity to cut onto the mountain bike trails and run some of the obstacles tres cool.

May4-2

and run on some rough trails with very steeply banked corners and some incredible jumps (although jumps are not as much fun when running).

iMay4-3

And finally came out at the bottom of the ski hill looking up at the half pipe with all the snow still there.  It’s freaking May!

May 4-4

It was a great run, not that fast but a tough effort, I can feel it in my throat.

May the fourth be with you!

Plod On

No comments: