Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Wet Wednesday

Streak to the beach - Day 59

Time : 41:40 Minutes
Distance : 5.0 Miles 
This Week: 16.2 Miles

Total: 187.45 Miles

Well the daystarted out wet but as the time to run approached it cleared off.  I went to the local Running Room for my group run and ended up in a group of one (as usual).  The good news is I got to pick the route.

Screen Shot 2013-05-29 at 8.36.26 PM

I ran the Lower Springbank road – Battalion Park 8K route. I love this route, a couple of K down hill or flat, then a couple of K of hardish uphills, then a nice flat striding section with a little down hill back to the store.

May29-1

There is a nice section at the start on the running paths between houses that is lined with blossoming lilacs with a wickedly sweet smell. It is great as long as you don’t have spring allergies.

I meant to take these pictures on Sunday to post on Memorial Day. Battalion Park is a tribute to the Calgary regiments that fought in the Wars. 

May29-2

The regimental numbers are permanently etched in white on the hillside. This is a very visible impressive reminder. Up close it is hard to read and the scale is overwhelming.

May29-3

But from a distance it is striking and very visible year round. This is what it looks like from the end of my run.

A not so wet run!

Plod On.

No comments: