Friday, February 4, 2011

Project 365 – Day 35

Wow, Awesome, Good job. Today marks 5 weeks straight of running. Along with a series of discoveries about my gait and my strength ….

There was a Chinook wind blowing this morning, I could hear it howling over the fireplace flue so I decided to head for the trusty tread mill.

trun

My plan was to run a fairly easy 2 or three miles, then spend a little time doing hamstring strengthening exercises.  However I got on the gizmo and started to ramp up and it felt good so I ramped up more and it felt good so I ramped up more.  The end result was I did a fairly tough progression run.

  • 5.5 mph – 3 min
  • 6.5 mph – 5 min
  • 7.5 mph – 5 min
  • 8.5 mph – 5 min
  • 9.0 mph – 2 min

Then I tried to spends some time on the hamstrings there was nothing left in the tank.  Looks like Friday night is curl night in the hood.

It was a good run Approx. 3 miles in 24 minutes.  Unfortunately the dead man switch was activated about 10 minutes into the run so I don’t know the actual totals.

Plod On

No comments: