Friday, February 25, 2011

Project 365 – Day 56

We are 8 weeks into 2011.  This morning it was –29 fucking degrees Celsius outside with the wind chill of –39 C.  This winter started hard and cold last November and is ending hard and cold this March (I Hope).  It has been a very long winter.

I was up late last night, and struggled to get out of bed with the alarm this morning. Then managed to get dressed and to the treadmill for a my morning run. My intent was to take it very easy and crank out 2 nine minute miles with a warm up and a cool down for a total of 20.  Somewhere around the 12 minute mark I cranked it up to 8 minute miles and settled in to the 20 minute mark and then cooled down for a minute.

All in all I struggled and ran 2.4 miles in the 21 minutes.  Not a bad effort for a junk day.

Plod On

1 comment:

Mike McGowan said...

To me any run is a good run. Great job my friend.