Saturday, February 12, 2011

Project 365 – Day 43

I really did not feel like running today. I was still feeling a little achy in the hips and feet and that made it hard to get motivated to get outside. And it was going to be an outside day we have a chinook going on and temps well into the plus numbers and people are wearing shorts to run and it is great.

I decided to do a route that I have not run in a while.  I leave my house and join the Douglas Fir trail that winds up and down the river bank.  Today I ran down the hill and along the railroad tracks until the trail joined with the pathway system.  I followed that along to Edworthy park then climbed the big hill to the dog park, ran along the ridge in the park and then along the city streets to home.

Feb12

The path was packed snow with an uneven surface that was slow to run on and works the ankles and the stability muscles in the hips. I had to be really careful on the down hills as you can never tell when there will be ice.

feb12-1

Once I reached the flat at the bottom of the escarpment it opened was an easier run but I still had to be very wary of the footing.

feb12-2

The path was quiet and I only saw a couple of people on the entire run.  NICE.  I was able to let the dog off leash and she ran at her pace which she really enjoyed.

feb12-3

All in all a great little five mile run.  Even though I am feeling the effort in my hips and ankles tonight.

Plod On

No comments: