Thursday, June 23, 2011

Project 365 – Day 172

Wednesday June 22, 2011.

Run 167.

It was back to the running room for a Wed. nite group run.

RunningRoom

It was after I finished the run that I figured out it was a milestone day.  Not quite half a year of running, and I passed the 600 Mile mark for the year.  Wooo hooo Party on.

As a group we decided to head down to discovery woods and do 8 – 10 K.  This would give us about 3- 4 k of woods running.

June22MAP

The run was great, the pace was really good for the bulk of the run and then backed off towards the end as one runner dropped and I went back to pick her up. It was probably due to the heat, this was the hottest day I have been out running this year.

My legs were a little tight at the start of the run but other than momentary twinges worked well for the rest of the day.

6.3 Miles for 601 miles in 2011.

Plod On.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris:

Got a run for you on Saturday. (What's Saturday you might ask? Why it's K100 day!) I foolishly put my name in as an alternate and have been asked to run leg 5. Yoohoo.... The team I've been matched up with is also looking for a leg ten runner.. It's a trail run and can be anywhere from 12-18 k up hill and down dale, and would most likely be a forced start at 6:00pm.

let me know if you're interested and we'll see about logistics. Alternately if you are interested, you can run leg 5 and I'll run leg 10....

you can reach me at glenn.burchnall@dvn.com, or 403-860-8842

thanks: glenn

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris..

Hope I didn't get you too excited about the k100. The person who was supposed to leg 10 found a sub. you're off the hook